Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Snow
Over the Christmas break, as you know, we had a huge snowstorm here in Texas. For most of you, it was probably the first and maybe the only white Christmas you will ever see. Please type a five sentence paragraph on how you felt about seeing a white Christmas. Also, tell me about your outside "snow" activities if you had any.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This was my first white christmas, We tried sleding down our driveway but it didnt work to well. We also had snowball fights...it was me tanner and cody vs. madi renee and edder. We beat them bad. I dont know what else to put so ill just say bye.
ReplyDelete-Cameron
The snow was fun but i didnt like staying in my house with my sister all day. Me and my sister went outside we tired to build a snowman. We had a snow ball fight. I won. When it started to clear up alittle, me Shanna and her sister went walking.
ReplyDeleteBrooke Richardson
I thought that the snow was wonderful! i was so shocked when I woke up on Christmas Eve and my mom told me to go look outside and I saw snow, but that day I went to babysit and the kids dad left to go to work and called half way to Wichita Falls and said he was coming back, because the roads were HORRIBLE and their were wrecks were everywhere. So then I went home and had snow ball fights with my cousins and then built snowmen! It was amazing.
ReplyDeletemarla staven
I was so excited to see that it had snowed here. I have always loved the snow, i think it's the best kind of weather. It was also so much fun to play in! Kyle and I built an igloo out of our snow in my yard. The igloo was really big, but the day we got it finished the heat came and melted it away. still it was fun to make and a good reason to be out side.
ReplyDeleteI wanted a white Christmas for a long time, but after I got one I dont want another one for a while. It was too bad we left the house once in a two day period. It was all bad I got to play in it a little bit and go have a snowball fight with my brother. Also, we got to collect some of it and make Snow Ice Cream and it was delicious. So I kinda hope we dont have that much snow for a while.
ReplyDeleteJosh Niell
At first I loved having a white Christmas, but after being snowed in for three days it kind of got old. Every day was the same thing get up play out side in the snow. That just so happen to be half my height or bigger. Then eat supper and go back to bed.Since my dad got his 4 wheel drive work truck buried in the snow we were really stuck. We even had a tractor stuck out there too. Out of all I loved having the white Christmas but I hated being snowed in for three days.
ReplyDeleteOver Christmas break we had a huge snowstorm, but i was in Brownwood at the time it started snowing in Seymour and we were coming home in a couple of hours. Well the storm was heading right for brownwood, so we had to get out of there. when we were pulling out of my grandparents drive it began to snow (hard). We got on the highway and began to drive the road just kept getting worse and worse. we got about 10 miles out of Brownwood and had to drive twenty from there all the way to breckenridge. when we got to Breckenridge the road was closed so we had to go to the little walmart and wait a while for them to plow the roads. eventually we got back on the road and made it home. all and all it took 7 hours for a 2 hour drive.
ReplyDeleteDakota Pullin
I hate snow but it was sweet for my little brother. I was breaking horses when it was snowing so it wasn't very for me cause it was cold. I did get to go sledding one time with Logan on the hill behind his grandmas.I also had a snow ball fight with Chazeley, Mandy,and Kolby. All in the end i had a really good christmas.
ReplyDeleteThis Christmas break, I woke up to snow. I couldn't believe it. We were finally going to get the "white Christmas" everyone hoped for. But I learned to be careful what i wished for because this Christmas was a little too white. My family and I were unable to spend Chrismas day at my grandmothers house due to the icy roads and we were stuck at home for almost the whole week.
ReplyDeleteWhen it snowed this Christmas break me and my sister hailey was always playing in the snow. We would have snow ball fights but it was mostly her playing in the snow. I would go out and take some pictures of the snow when i wasnt stuck in a snow drift or ditch with Erik but i still got some pretty pictures of the places we got stuck. My older sdister Alex got stuck in he dorm for like 3 days till my mom could go get her but when she got out we went to my grandmas and make a funny snowman, his name was jeff. The snow made it hard for us to have christmas but we got to do christmas whewn the snow started melting. I love snow but it can be really anoying but it was a fun snowstorm.
ReplyDeleteWhen I woke up on Christmas day their was a lot of snow on the ground and when I went out side the snow came up to my legs and I went in side and because it was Frizzing out their so I made me a cup of hot coco and my cusin came down for a kuple of days.
ReplyDeleteThomas Sims
It was really fun sliding down the loading dock that is beside my house Me and Rachael thought that it would be fun if we went off the other end. So we run and we fall off about 4 feet from the ground and fell in about 3 feet of snow. Then we went to pick up Maggie and Nick to go to the hospital hill. It was really fun. When Nick tries to go down the hill, he decides to throw the saucer infront of him and jump on it. Instead, he jumped over the saucer and landed in the snow face planted. sarah slaggle
ReplyDeleteOver the break we had a white christmas. I woke up that day and looked outside, i saw white on the ground. the first thing i thought was 4 Wheelers. So after it stop snowing hard me and my dad got out the 4 wheelers and drove them around. Then i got a tire and pulled him behind it, but the snow was to thick it wouldn't pull him. I kept on riding in my backyard till finially i got cold. then went inside and drinkn so milk and played my new game. I did the same thing everyday till the snow was gone.... cole dalton
ReplyDeleteAt first I was really excited about the white Christmas, I woke up ready to go outside and play. After a lot of snowman building, snow angel making and snowball fights, i went inside to get warm. The next day i was supposed to go to Breckinridge for a Christmas that i was really excited about, but because of all the snow and ice on the ground I didnt get to go. The icy weather carried on to the next few days, causing me to not go to a concert i'd been looking forward to for several months now, and ruining our plans for where Christmas was held. Instead of having a nice Christmas inside we spent most of the night trying to shovel cars out of our driveway. I was so tired of all the snow and ice, i don't think I'll ever hope for a white Christmas again.
ReplyDelete- Mac Pierce
This Christmas was very white. i liked the snow, me and my sister would go to the park and slide across the water while holding the bottum of the bridge. Although our family wasn't able to go to Graham like we usually do. I wish the snow would of lasted a little bit longer though. It was so much fun playing in the snow, with my family and friends i had a very great White Christmas Indeed.
ReplyDeleteKayla Brunkow
my winter has been a really bad one. Things keep happening to me that really shouldn't. The snow did not help me one bit. All the snow did is make my house really cold and made me get sick. To alot of people the snow is fun and a really cool thing but i don't like it at all. People may think that i just don't like to have fun but they are wrong i just don't like to have that much snow. the one thing that really sucked was my brother and i got stuck down my road in about a three foot snow drift and had to be pulled out. the fun part was when some of the snow melted and we could drive again.
ReplyDeleteJustin Carnahan
On December 24th Seymour got a whole bunch of snow! I didn't know really how to react to it because i haven't seen that much snow in a very long time so it was kind of new to me. Christmas day i just stayed inside all day and watched a lot of movies. The next day, I got all my warm clothes on and went outside and took pictures in the snow with Dani. Garrett of course, had a blast and was throwing snowballs at everybody. After a while the snow got boring so I was wishing that it would go away so that I could get out and about.
ReplyDeleteMacey Siegert
"Kris, get up! Kris, Kris, get up!" Dad says as he's shaking me. I turn over to my alarm clock and see it is eight in the morning. I was having the best sleep of my whole break, of course it would be interruped by something worthless. "Look out the window." As I look out my eyes widen with amazement. This was not worthless at the least! There was a white blanket layed preciously outside of my house. My first snow in over three years! It was so beautiful I didn't even think twice about going back to sleep. Before I knew it I was putting on my clothes, and hunting my draws for snow accessories.
ReplyDelete-Kristen Renee Gregg
I loved the snow this Christmas! On Christmas Eve, Paige came over and played in the snow with Ross, Renee, Randi, and me. After playing in the snow for a little while, Renee, Randi, and I thought it would be fun to get the golf cart out and try to drive it through the snow. The golf cart is gas powered so we thought it would make it a little ways. It ended up getting stuck several times, so we just put it back in the shop. After that I made a big snowman family with my mom!
ReplyDeleteRachel Peters(:
I felt annoyed by all of the snow that we got, it made it hard to feed catlle. I honestly spent most of my Christmas break pulling people out of the snow with the tractor.We also had to ride to my grandmas house in the tractor. I do not like the snow, it makes me feel like i'm stuck in a white room where they put insane people. You may think that this Christmas story is a lie, but trust me its not.
ReplyDeleteTanner Gillispie
When I first started to see the snow fall I was thrilled. After last years preety warm christmas it was nice to finally see some snow. The first day the snow was on the ground I learned a valuable lesson, snow is COLD!!! There was a huge 3 foot snow drift by my house and i decided that i wanted to tackle it. And that was my wonderful winterland story.
ReplyDeleteChris Nunez
Well my white Christmas was a very enjoyable time, except for the part where we got stuck and couldn't go out for Christmas at families houses. Instead of being depressed because we couldn't be with family, we made the best of things and went outside and "tried" to make a snowman, but it turned into a snowball fight instead. Eventually we made it to my moms, and we had a wonderful time in the snow. Our family became a little too close this Christmas, but we had a blast with all the gifts and food we had! Hope your Christmas was eventful and fun as mine!
ReplyDeleteMelani Howell
On Thursday, Christmas Eve, was the first day that it snowed. Honestly, i was amazed. There was a thick blanket of snow. When i first stepped out side the snow went up to my knees. I couldnt even walk through it without falling down. I tried to make a snowman ,but it didnt work out so well it kept on falling. I gave up on that. We also had snowball fights. I for once dominated. That is what i did during the snow.
ReplyDeleteElizabeth Jaimes
The snow was pritty cool for the most part. I enjoyed siting at home all day and not doing a whole lot. For me this was the first white Christmas that I had experienced. It was vey different because on Christmas Eve we always go to my granmother and grandads. We usually go to their house around 6:00 and stay for quite a while. This year with the snow and all it was different we had to leave at 3:00 so we could make it in time. I really never did any activites in the snow. I have to say it was awesome to experence a WHITE CHRISTMAS!!
ReplyDeleteLane Livingston
The snowy day we seen in Texas was a once in a lifetime kind of thing. We played board games and watched TV, but soon got bored. We decided to go outside and build us some snowmen. There were two huge snowmen, and then three little ones around them. We had fun decorating them and were glad to see a white Christmas. :)
ReplyDeleteHaylee Hoyt
Will my white Christmas was joyful time for my family. We had a gat time siping christmas with family. we had a snowball fight in was fun and jumping in the snow too. the snow was hard for me to wlak there it to fed our out side dogs. we had gat time playing in the snow my sitsre was so happy that she got to paly in the snow. dakota walser
ReplyDeletethe snow was nice on christmas morning. i woke up and my little sister said we have snow. I called her a liar and then went out side in shorts and quickly came back inside my house.
ReplyDeletei went out side and tried to build a snowman but it didnt work so me and my brother had a snowball fight and i kicked his but.
Josh Brasher
Makayla Cook
ReplyDeleteThe snow was very cold but beautiful and white. It was really lots of fun and since i have 4 sisters and 1 brother and we all played and had snowball fights. We also built two snowmen and tryed to make a family of them. My family tryed to go to Graham and we did but it took FOREVER. but yah anyway we had so much fun with the snow over christmas break and i hope we get to see a white christmas again! :)
I liked the snow when it first came, but when the snow turned to ice I didnt like it to much. When it first snowed I stayed inside, because I wasnt feeling to good. The second day I went outside and played into it, till my hands burned from the ice. I had a few snow ball fights will my brothers and dad and one with my cousins. Most of the time I was slipping on the ice but that was the best white Christmas I had.
ReplyDeleteJessica Ballestos
I loved the snow I thought it was vey pretty but cold! I had a big snowball fight with my cousin and sister that day. They got me pretty good but I also got them back! We built a snowman together and as we were doing so I got a big handful of snow and smashed it right in my cousins hair! She scream and laughed but mostly laughed and tryed to get me back but that didn't happen.
ReplyDeleteStephanie Fobbs